So Unworthy! πŸ˜”

Heyy there! I hope you had an amazing week and weekend! Glory to God! A new week is here and a new month, on the horizon so happy New month in advance😁😁

Do you ever look at yourself and what God has used you to do or done for you and think "I'm so unworthy"?. If you do then know you're not alone. Just last Sunday, I reflected upon the gap between what I deserve and what God gives me. I wept like a school child that had been flogged in school and then again at home for being flogged at school. Truly His grace finds us just as we are😢.

Whenever I think deeply about God and all He is and all He represents and then myself next to that, my eyes are opened to how truly, profoundly and extremely wretched I am; how undeserving I am of His love; how unfit I am to carry His presence. Chai my chwest!😿

This realisation alongside knowing that He said He'd never leave us(me) makes me leap for joy in sincere gratitude. Yes I am unworthy but who cares? NOT JESUS!

As a matter of fact, he chose to die for us even before we were alive enough to be unworthy 🙆‍♂️. There's nobody more amazing!

You know that passage of scripture where Peter asked Jesus to depart from him because he was a sinful man after the greatest catch of his career?.

When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus’ knees, saying, “Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord!”
Luke 5:8 NKJV

Why did uncle Peter say Bros J should be going? Hmm 🤔. I can tell you it's not because he thought "I don hammer🕺🕺🕺". For free I can tell you that he realised who He had in his boat and it struck him . He realised how sinful and unworthy to have Jesus in his boat he was. I quite frankly never could relate to this scripture passage until last Sunday.

I didn't just write this to point out what you knew but might have forgotten by the way👀. I wrote this to show you how even when you know you're unworthy and "foolishly" try to send Jesus away "in His best interest", He sticks around and turns your life around.

Uncle Peter, the illiterate fisherman became one of the greatest apostles of all time.  A fisherman whose shadow healed people 😱🙆‍♂️. You still wondering if you really need Jesus? Read!

Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus.
Acts 4:13 NKJV

The verse says it all. When you spend time with Jesus, it shows. The world will know if you've been with Jesus. Enough said *drops mic*

Father we love You because You first loved us : sinful, filthy, pathetic, unloveable lost causes like us. You took us in, cleaned us up and now You use us. Your name be glorified Abba. Help us to long for YOU deeply for You long to satisfy our longings for You. Help us to accept YOUR love and extend it to others as we journey through life with You on our boats in Jesus'  name we pray(amen).

Till next time! Continue to bask in the presence and Spirit of the Lord my friend 😇😊. Don't forget to share😉

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hang In There!

The Following Signs πŸƒπŸΎ‍♂️

Respect the Anointing