Preach and Watch It

Preach It and Watch It

Yet preaching the Good News is not something I can boast about. I am compelled by God to do it. How terrible for me if I didn’t preach the Good News!
1 Corinthians 9:16 NLT

Good morning/afternoon/evening. It's another beautiful week. Thank God for His faithfulness to us for it is His faithfulness that allows us the opportunity to be faithful ourselves.

Speaking of faithfulness, we as believers are called to preach the gospel of our Lord Jesus. Paul goes as far as saying "how terrible for me if I didn't preach the Good News"

One thing I know is the gospel is beneficial to those it is preached to.

For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 NLT

Another thing I know experientially is that whilst the gospel is beneficial to the listener who believes, preaching the gospel is beneficial to the preacher. How? The gospel is so in your face that it becomes difficult to live a life inconsistent with it. The fact that you are teaching people to live for Christ puts you on your own toes. This is true even for less germane things.

I have a young cousin to whom I preach "lay your bed" daily. Sometimes I lay my bed not just because I'm used to it but because I know I don't want to have him say to me "but what about you?" when I scold him for not doing the right thing. That just reminds me of the importance of preaching what we believe. It reminds us so we don't run foul of what we preach. A good strategy to remaining faithful to the call, wouldn't you say?

I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.
1 Corinthians 9:27 NLT

Lord Jesus, thank You for calling us and for the opportunity to serve Your infinitely higher purposes. We ask for grace to remain committed to Your cause that we may fulfil the mandate and be fulfilled therein in Jesus' name we pray.

Have a fruitful week! Remember to share the gospel with someone everyday in any way you can. God bless you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang In There!

Respect the Anointing

The Following Signs πŸƒπŸΎ‍♂️