Desire, Discipline and Destination

Heyy guys!! Hope y'all had a great week! Thanks for tuning in again 😊. Now I know looking at the topic you're almost so sure I'm going all desire vs discipline in reaching your destination. I hate to disappoint you but this time I must.
Contrary to what you might have expected, what I'm on about today is how DESIRE and DISCIPLINE work together in getting you to your destination.
As I'm known to do, I give an analogy to illustrate this: If I desire to get to point B from where I am and I am not disciplined enough to stay the course I'll never make it or maybe I'll make it but not in the best time possible. Desire may get me started but discipline is needed for me to continue and eventually make it to my destination (and in good time too). Another instance which I see very often actually is: You desire(you've been desiring for a long long time) to be fit so you start working out. Along the line you stop and are still not at your "destination". What happened? Did you stop desiring? I think not! So what went wrong? What was missing? D-I-S-C-I-PLINE. What should this tell you? Let me talk Economics now😂 : Desire is a necessary but not a sufficient condition for arrival at your destination.I've found that a lack of discipline often kills the desire itself birthing the "well I tried; at least I gave it a shot; maybe it's not for me" mentality which is a loser mentality. Tell me someone knows where I'm going with this. Anyone? Someone? No one?.
Okay, you know for sure everything I say has something to do with God (if that annoys you then my friend if you step outside right now!(offer valid while stock lasts) there's a transformer not too far. You know what to do👀). Now let me discipline myself so we can get to where I desire.
In your Christian walk, race or life (whatever you prefer to call it), getting closer to God can be simplified in two steps : 1.Desire Him (and to be close to Him)
2.Discipline yourself
Now step 1 is a lot deeper than one may think and really nobody can do a good enough job "explaining" it to you. We get there when we get there.
Step 2 on the other hand I can attempt to summarize. Now before some grace-abuse advocates get at my throat, hear this: I AM NOT SUGGESTING THAT WE HAVE THE POWER TO DISCIPLINE OURSELVES OF OURSELVES. When the Holy Spirit is in you, you're YOU but not JUST YOU. You are able by His endowment to give yourself to the daily discipline of prayer and studying the word in addition to everything else that you require to live life to the full.
In summary, in everything you do especially in your walk with God, desire and then discipline will get you there (all by His grace).
Thanks for reading again. If you haven't checked out the post on "THE W-H-Y", please ensure you do so. And guys, please leave a comment and share. The reason I ask you to comment is to get a sense of your thoughts/opinions and justifiably so because last week someone took away a message I wasn't preaching oh😂 so please let me know if you are unclear on anything or disagree so we can discuss that. God bless you for reading. Same time next week by God's grace. Have a blessed week in Jesus' name (amen)

Comments

  1. This is truly beautiful. This really encouraged me. God bless you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hang In There!

The Following Signs πŸƒπŸΎ‍♂️

Respect the Anointing