God's Glory : Perfume or Poison?

God's Glory is indeed a powerful thing! If you need proof just you check through the Scriptures. Wherever God's Glory was/is present, things certainly were/are different. Moses for example had spent so much time with God that his face was radiant and the people could not look upon it (baba Moses didn't even see God's face oh! Imagine!). It's not hard to see that God's Glory is desirable in anyone's life.

However the effect of God's Glory depends on who you are and how you relate with it. How do I mean? God's Glory is a wonderful thing to His children but to the children of the devil (a.k.a all non-children of God) , it's a terrible and terrifying reality (much too terrible to withstand). That's the who you are angle.

From the how you relate angle let me simplify by using an example: We all make use or have made use of body creams or lotions (whatever you call them๐Ÿ‘€). These lotions are very useful when applied on the body as instructed but have you ever swallowed your cream? Probably not! Be that as it may I trust that you can imagine what the outcome would be.

As children of God, permit me to say that God's Glory is as they say "for external use only". Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that God's Glory doesn't dwell within us as well. What I'm saying is that you shouldn't swallow it. God is a jealous and great God. Sharing His glory with any man is not His method. His glory should cover you and people should see it no doubt(trust me they may not know what it is but they see it). Never you try to ascribe glory for ANYTHING (no matter how trivial it may seem) to anyone other than God. Your success is not by your power neither is your waking up! Give God His property!

I've come to realise that even as Christians there's this stupid thing in us that wants to just share in God's Glory (err let me just take small๐Ÿ˜ž). NO NO NO!!! "All the glory must be to the LORD for He is worthy of our praise and no man on earth should give glory to himself.  All the glory must be to the Lord". Notice the song which is got from scripture says ALL not SOME or MOST. Biko, God didn't say pay tithe on His glory. He doesn't want 10%, He DEMANDS and DESERVES  100%.

"Haba brother, how can anyone eat God's Glory?". Hold on! I can think of two ways to cause an accident: 1. Drive intentionally into someone or 2. Be careless and fail to move out of the way when you approach a vehicle or it approaches you. Same holds for depriving God of His glory. You can actively or passively rob Him. Two Biblical parallels I use to buttress this point.

Remember the rich fool who said "I will do blah blah blah" in Luke 12 from verse 18. He in his articulating his plans failed to give God glory for past successes and leaned on his own power and God called him a fool which makes sense (remember the fool says in his heart that there is no God which was essentially what he did by not acknowledging Him). We know how he ended(if you don't, pick up a Bible and read๐Ÿ˜›).

Character two, Uncle Herod in Acts 12:22 on the flip side didn't ascribe glory to himself directly but failed to ascribe the glory to God which essentially had the same consequence as Uncle rich fool's case.

Ha! So many of us are like the rich fool but many more are like Herod. When someone says something about what "you've done" that was excellent, do you immediately return the glory to God? If not repent and remember God sees your heart so if you say "thank God or glory to God or it's God" with your mouth and in your heart something else echoes, you're deceiving yourself and stealing God's glory which could be fatal. Give God his property oh.

I used to be guilty of not giving God glory as though my achievements were by my power but God taught me a lesson. Let me share it as I conclude. The lesson is "you can humble yourself or I (God) can humble you". How? I (by God's grace) have been told that my voice is wonderful(thank God for the voice) and time ago I focused on the gift rather than the giver. In school, in my chapel I had become a mini-celebrity and it got to my head unbeknownst to me; a friend said she knew I could sing and I was holding back and I audibly agreed with her. Ladies and gentlemen, that same week my Heavenly Father disgraced me before those who praised me. I went and I sang off-key๐Ÿ˜ข๐ŸŽค๐Ÿ’”and that demoralised me so terribly๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜ญ (thank God for recovery). I thought I would never sing again but thank God He took me down to bring me up! So my people humble yourself before God and He will exalt you. When you give God His glory, He has nothing to gain by shaming you so wise up!

That's all folks *Bugs Bunny's accent*.
Heavenly Father help us to love You truly and give to You the glory that's due You. Kill everything in us that wants to share in Your glory and help us to be humble that you may exalt us in due time in Jesus' name (amen)

Have a blessed week. Come again, same time next week(by God's grace๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ™Œ). Don't forget to share, leave a comment and whatnot. God bless you

Comments

  1. God bless you real good Nathan...I'm so proud of you๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you real good Nathan...I'm so proud of you๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle Herod and Uncle rich fool๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    God bless you! Mighty battle axe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God definitely deserves all the Glory...He owns the world and that is in it.
    Good write up Nathan...God bless and continue to enrich your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God deserve all glory because promotion come not from the east nor south but only from God alone

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is as relatable as it's true. Bless you Sir, you're great with what you do

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hang In There!

The Following Signs ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿพ‍♂️

Respect the Anointing