"...But I'm too Young"; Thus Says the LORD

"You're too young to drive", "You're too young to drink", "You're too young to get married". You must have heard or read those statements at one time in your life whether they were directed at you, someone else or the general public 👀.

You know what I've noticed and if you're observant you'd have too?. A lot of the people who do the aforementioned things are the ones who are "too young". That's right, if you tell the average child today that he/she is too young to do something, it's almost certain they'll do it to prove it to you (and themselves) that you're wrong😎.

Another common saying on the flip side is "age is nothing but a number" and that's often used to describe maturity and justify things (that for some reason🤔) we feel need justification. By this conviction, so many people have done things they were advised against and some have met "success", others (not so much💔).

You know what I've never heard anyone tell someone else? "You're too young to serve God", "You're too young to speak in tongues", "You're too young to be wise", "You're too young to heal people" and so on. Unfortunately what I've come to notice is when nobody tells us certain things THEN do we tell ourselves those things and so believe them.

I was talking to a little boy recently who had been playing a video game on my aunty's phone. He had literally been at it for hours. I said "you've been playing games since. Have you read your Bible?". He said "me?" in that tone of "how can you expect me to do such?" or "I'm too young for that" and I was like "Oh you're not too young to play games all day but you're too young to read your Bible?" and he said "yes" (we'll continue that conversation when next we see😉).

"Bros isslike you don't have point today". Think again. My point is that nobody is too young to serve God or to be used by Him. If you doubt me, let's ask the boy Samuel who from when he was a little boy heard from God and grew to be one of the greatest Prophets in Bible history.

"Emm his mother covenanted him to the LORD, na why". Let's see what God had to say to Jeremiah and by extension is saying to YOU

"I answered, “Sovereign Lord, I don't know how to speak; I am too young.”  But the Lord said to me, “Do not say that you are too young, but go to the people I send you to, and tell them everything I command you to say. Do not be afraid of them, for I will be with you to protect you. I, the Lord, have spoken!”
Jeremiah 1:6‭-‬8 GNT

Need I say more? I think not but just in case you still don't get the gist 🙀I'm talking to everyone. Nobody is old before God, abi you were drinking iced tea with Adam?. This means your only likely excuse would be that you're too young which I hope I've successfully disabused your mind of.

"Young" in this post is both literal and symbolic. Your own "I'm too young" could translate as "I've sinned too much", "I'm not pretty or handsome enough to preach", "I'm not eloquent enough or educated enough or tall enough". The list is endless. The truth is without God, you'll NEVER feel or BE enough. The good news is He hasn't called you to work for Him without Him. Anyone who has tried has failed believe you me 😆.

So ditch your excuses and get lit for Jesus. Burn for Him and unlock levels of fulfilment you can't even dream of.

People of God, we need so seriously to pray and act because like Jesus says

“...The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.  Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
Matthew 9:37‭-‬38 NIV

Heavenly Father we will always find excuses to not serve you without even trying much. We need you to help us burn with fire for You and You alone. We also ask that you raise more people to join us in this war as we fight the good fight in Jesus' name. Amen

Till next week by His grace. Enjoy your week and be blessed. Thank you for reading always. God bless you  and feel free to share and leave a comment as you are led. Shalom😇

Comments

  1. Great! Olumighty is not too young! God bless you more and more Brother!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hang In There!

Respect the Anointing

The Following Signs πŸƒπŸΎ‍♂️