To Caesar What is Caesar's; To God, God'sπŸ‘€

Good evening my friend. It's nice to have you here (again). I trust you had a splendid weekend and are looking forward to a fantastic week (I know I am😁).

"GIVE UNTO CAESAR WHAT IS CAESAR'S AND TO GOD WHAT IS GOD'S". This statement was made by our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and for me is one of the most quoted-out-of-context scriptures ever. Many who use it don't even know its origin🙄 but that is besides my point today.

To give some background, Jesus was outside and some religious leaders wanted to get him to say something they could charge him to court for/with and so they asked about the issue of paying taxes to Caesar. Jesus knew what they were trying to do and as we all know, He outsmarted them AGAIN!!!!.

What I want you to pay attention to is His entire response

“Show me a denarius. Whose image and inscription are on it?” “Caesar’s,” they replied.  He said to them, “Then give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”
Luke 20:24‭-‬25 NIV

Notice how He(Jesus) defined what belonged to Caesar? He asked whose image and inscription were on the coin and the answer being "Caesar's" meant the coin belonged to Caesar🙆‍♂️.

Now I ask you, whose image are you?👀👀. My Bible( and yours I hope) states clearly that we are made in God's image i.e God's image is seen in us, on us and through us. Following our previously established premise, it is clear that Jesus dropped a very instructive thing.

What has Caesar's image and inscription is Caesar's, give him; what has God's image and inscription( in case I wasn't clear enough before that's you and me), give to God.

Another salient point is that when you give that coin to Caesar, you lose control of it, yes?. Caesar or his agents would then have control of it. In the same way, lose control of yourself to God(deliberately lay down your will and all that you are and have before Him) and you will live a fulfilled life my friend. That much I can tell you for free.

Heavenly Father thank You for we are Your children made in Your image and likeness. We seek to be like You in all that we can. Help us. Teach us. Give us the grace to lay down ourselves as a living sacrifice unto You that You may be glorified in us and through us in Jesus' name.

Have an amazing week! Yield to the Lord and testify!😊

P.s. I'm now a content contributor on the TellRhodes blog. Do check out my section "Opened my Eyes" every Sunday as well http://www.tellRhodess.blogspot.com. (There are other sections that I'm convinced would add value to your life so check them out too😁.)

P.P.S:  I'd like to give a special shoutout to all the mothers out there. God bless you all for all that you do for us. We love you.
Special Special shout out to my own mother Mrs Angelina Adebanji. YOU ROCK MUM!

Shalom SaInts❤

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hang In There!

The Following Signs πŸƒπŸΎ‍♂️

Respect the Anointing