Got Doubts? No Problem😁

Heyyy there! I'm glad you made it here despite all odds. I hope you had an amazing weekend and look forward to a great week because it will be great in Jesus' name.

Today we get real again! We're talking "doubts" o. I don't know about you but when I was much younger I had my doubts about God's existence and His interest in humanity was a strange thing to me. His love for me that led to His death for me even seemed more unfathomable.

"But now you are more mature so you have no doubts yeah?" Answer is NO. There were times even recent ones where I had to ask myself if God truly is all He says He is; all they say He is.

You probably have or will experience those times and you may be tempted to entertain guilt but let me show you some scripture

When John was in prison, he heard about the things that were happening—things the Messiah would do. So he sent some of his followers to Jesus. They asked him, “Are you the one we have been expecting, or should we wait for someone else?”
Matthew 11:2‭-‬3 ERV

John the Baptist who was filled with the Holy Ghost from his mother's womb, whose mission it was to proclaim and prepare the way for the Messiah asked Jesus if He was really the one.

I want you to soak that in! 🤔

Uncle John, the one Jesus called the greatest of all born of a woman was having doubts because he was behind bars🙆‍♂️.

What I find interesting is Jesus' response.  He did not say "see this my cousin sha, how can he be asking me that kind of question".

Jesus answered, “Go tell John what you have heard and seen: The blind can see. The crippled can walk. People with leprosy are healed. The deaf can hear. The dead are brought back to life. And the Good News is being told to the poor. Great blessings belong to those who don’t have a problem accepting me.”
Matthew 11:4‭-‬6 ERV

Jesus' cure for doubt in Uncle John's life was testimony of the works He had done. John was human like us and as filled with the Spirit as he was, he was having a tough time and that got to him like many of us.

The important thing is, when in doubt, ponder his works of old and doubt will fade. I'll give you a practical example. When I'm tempted to doubt my salvation and God's existence or love, I just think of the experiences I've had with the Holy Spirit starting from the speaking in tongues. I know FOR SURE that cannot be me and that can only mean something or Someone is behind it so it's easier to believe that SOMEONE is the HOLY SPIRIT.

I trust God that you have been blessed today. If you are passing through a tough season, I encourage you to stand strong for the LORD your God is with you to see you through. Have an amazing week!.

Jesus the Son of God, we believe in You. Help our unbelief Master in Jesus' name we pray (amen)

P.S. Forget thou not to share and comment 👀👀😂

Comments

  1. I'm truly blessed by this piece. We all go through that phase. Thanks for being a blessing. God will continue to bless you with more wisdom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hang In There!

The Following Signs 🏃🏾‍♂️

Respect the Anointing