The Sovereignty of GodπŸ™ŒπŸ½

Hello there! If you prayed for me to be more consistent like I asked last week, then it looks like your prayer worked. Here we are again to learn. I still covet your prayers for grace to be consistent. Thanks in advance and God bless you. 

This evening as I sought out what the Holy Spirit would have me share, He dropped "The Sovereignty of God" in my mind. I immediately looked in my mind to see if there was enough knowledge about sovereignty to write a whole blog post. I won't tell you what I found there πŸ˜‚πŸ‘€.

After checking my mind, I decided to check the dictionary and I found one of the definitions to be "supreme authority over all things".

Substituting the definition of sovereignty in our topic today, we are talking about the supreme authority of God over all things.

If you take nothing else away from today's post, know this: God is the rightful Ruler of the universe. There is no contesting His majesty. All who have tried it have failed. He is worthy, He is holy, He is righteous. His actions and inactions are just.

We cannot put God next to any human standard in order to measure if what He does is right or just. Instead we must put our standards next to His actions and inactions and realign them with Him for He is the Standard of standards.

I do not know what events of your life (past or present) have had you questioning God's sovereignty and His love for you but I am here to tell you that you need not doubt Him for He is not only true, He is Truth Himself. 

Have you been disappointed, lost something or someone very dear to you and hoped that God would explain Himself specially to you? I hate to tell you this: He may do that but He does not have to. One major aspect of His Lordship we must accept is that He can do as He pleases and nobody can question Him. 

It's not an easy thing to swallow especially if you have come to believe that the name of Jesus is God's "mumu button" and He will do anything you ask in that name. God knows more than we do and so in His wisdom, He answers us as He sees fit. Live with it!!

And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him. 

Those who obey God’s commandments remain in fellowship with him, and he with them. And we know he lives in us because the Spirit he gave us lives in us.
1 John 3:22‭, ‬24 NLT

One interesting thing about fellowship with God is that it changes the desires of our hearts to the desires of His heart. So God grants our hearts' desires when they are His heart's desires. That is the only time we are assured that we will receive what we ask in Jesus' name.

And even when you ask, you don’t get it because your motives are all wrong—you want only what will give you pleasure.
James 4:3 NLT

I hope with these few points of mine, I have been able to convince you that God is sovereign and that is never going to change. Draw close to Him and fellowship so "your heart's desires can be granted"πŸ˜‰.

Dear Lord, thank You for holding Your place as God and not letting us pray You into doing all sorts of seemingly good but foolish things on our behalf. Thank You for always being our Father who knows and does what is best for us even when we do not see how or feel so. We love You all the same and we ask that You help us to think like You and see things through Your eyes in Jesus' name. Amen! 

Have a blessed week! Shalom!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hang In There!

The Following Signs πŸƒπŸΎ‍♂️

Respect the Anointing