The Must-Train Muscle πŸ’ͺ🏾

Good morning/afternoon/evening to you. I hope you are enjoying the holiday season, taking out time to rest and refocusing yourself for the year ahead and beyond. It's been a while (again😭) but I'm back and promise to keep coming back tooπŸ˜‚ but before we move on, I would like to say Merry Christmas and I wish you a happy new year in advance.

If you know me personally, you know that I used to be and believe it or not, still am a fitness enthusiast (to put it mildlyπŸ˜‚) so God uses fitness-related things to speak to me sometimes and when He does, He knows I can relate and am always interested in the application. 

Having said all that, I want to tell you about what I found to be one of the most important muscles to train. It really is lacking in a lot of people. Many men have skipped this training day much like the dreaded LEG DAY (which I loveπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰). The muscle I am talking about is drum roll  SELF CONTROL!!!!!!!

My friend, I can promise you that you will NEVER be all that you can be if you do not train your SELF CONTROL muscle. If you do not learn to resist instant gratification in order to serve the greater good, you will fail but don't take my word for it, check this out:

A person without self-control is like a city with broken-down walls.
Proverbs 25:28 NLT

That's the word of God yo! A person with a weak self control muscle is helpless and open to all forms of harassment from the enemy. All you have managed to gather can easily escape and unwanted visitors can come and take up residency within your borders.

I really want to emphasise self control for men because I am a man and I know how important it is to exercise self control and how much damage I could have caused myself but for God's grace. When we talk self control, what comes to mind is control over one's sexual desires and that's important but what about your appetite, your tongue, your love for sleep, the time you spend browsing social media aimlessly? There's so much that self control will spare you really!!!!.

If you have tried to control yourself and failed, that's nothing new. There's a reason it is part of the fruit of the Holy Spirit. You cannot achieve it on your own. It's self control but He gives you the power to actually control your "self". The difference with the Holy Spirit is it flows naturally and does not feel like WORK.

If you are wondering where to start on the journey to achieving high levels of self control, check this out:

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.
Proverbs 4:23 NLT

Meditate on those words and then move into action. If you want to change what you do, you must change what you think about.

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Philippians 4:8 NLT

If your thoughts don't meet the above criteria, CHANGE THEM before they WRECK you.

Our Loving God, thank You for Your word that teaches us all truth and holds the key to life eternal- the experiential knowledge of You, the only Living God.  We ask You for help to control ourselves and honour You with our bodies as living sacrifices Lord. We ask for grace to see like You see so we realise how right it is to do right and actually do it. Help us to please you in all things in Jesus' name we pray. Amen

Thanks for reading (and sharing this with friends and family πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰). Remember, self control is a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it gets and vice-versa.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing. May God bless you more in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hang In There!

The Following Signs πŸƒπŸΎ‍♂️

Respect the Anointing