What About The Top? πŸš™

Hello again! It's a new week and it's one to be grateful for and intentional about. I hope you had a nice weekend. Thank God for grace to be more consistent this year and for your constant prayers. May you always be blessed by your reading this in Jesus' name.

Today, I ask you a question- what about the top? "What about which top", "what top?", "what is the top?". Those are probably questions running through your mind. Relax πŸ˜‚, there is a story behind the question.

Story story! Once upon a time... 

Okay let's be serious now. Yesterday I was cleaning the cars in preparation for church today. I was exhausted from a series of meetings at church so I was tempted not to clean the tops of the cars. Afterall, who sees the top of the cars? Nobody! (Except really tall people which there aren't a lot of).

I was tempted to stop shy of excellence but then I was reminded that God sees the top of the cars. As a matter of fact, I can imagine that's what He sees first when He looks down on Sunday - the top πŸ˜‚. When I remembered that He sees that, it gave me the drive to complete the work and I did. That's the background story.

I ask you today - in your life, what's the extent to which you are concerned? The extent to which people see? Or to which God sees? Are you satisfied as long as people see you as righteous, holy, reasonable, obedient, committed? Or does the opinion of God carry even more weight?

Do you go that extra mile to get God's approval or is it okay as long as your Pastor or Boss okays it? Check yourself! Do you do even the things of God for the approval of men? Yes you! Prayer Leader, Worship Leader, Head Usher, Programmes Director? What really is your goal? 

Obviously, I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant.
Galatians 1:10 NLT

Paul was speaking under different circumstances but we can take a cue from his assertion. We should not aim to please men. God is our exam script Marker o. Until He says it's good, IT IS NOT good.

Dear Lord help us to always desire and work in Your grace to please You with all and in all that we do. Nothing we have is ours. It's all Yours so we surrender and ask for Your help to live as You would have us live in Jesus' name (amen)

Thanks for reading and sharing. Have a blessed week πŸ€—


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang In There!

The Following Signs πŸƒπŸΎ‍♂️

Respect the Anointing